Thursday, March 1, 2018
Daily Thought 2018
Positive Rituals Provide the Space to Succeed
Great performers all rely on positive rituals to manage their energy and achieve their goals. Research has revealed that those whose life is grounded in clearly defined values tend to create positive rituals to support their life goals. Families who sit down together for dinner every night are saying without words that they believe in the need for families to have shared time together. Rituals are present in our lives already, some are not even conscious to us. Rituals provide a level of comfort, continuity, and security that free us to improvise and take risks that create a framework for creative breakthroughs to occur. They can also open up time for recovery and renewal, where relationships can be deepened and spiritual reflection becomes possible. What can you stop doing now that will free up the time for something more positive that will lead to success for you?
“We don’t always get what we want, we get what we choose.” John Maxwell
Polar Smart Coaching Training Tip: 5 HR Training Zones – Zone 4
This training increased your anaerobic tolerance, and improved your maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max) and efficiency. It also raised the speed you can maintain without building up lactic acid. The training duration was long enough to increase fatigue resistance at the used speed. Carbohydrates are the main energy source that your body uses at this training intensity.
Benefits: increases maximum performance capacity
Feels like: muscular fatigue, heavy breathing
Recommended for: everybody for shorter exercises
See the Complete THR Chart
Today’s Warrior class WOD
Beachbody Nutrition Tip: 8 Ways to Improve Your Nutrition
- Eat when you are hungry – eat often so you never get famished, eat 3 hrs before bedtime
- Change your Plates – smaller plates mean smaller portion sizes – eat less
- Eat these foods each day – 9 servings of fruits/veggies – 1 oz of nuts – high fiber bread or cereal
- Eat fish more frequently – ideally salmon, mahimahi, or flounder
- Be a hot tomato – 10 tablespoons of cooked tomato for healthy lycopene to reduce cancer risk
- Avoid these items – saturated fats, white foods (rice, bread, creamy sauces)
- Before you eat Drink –Water!!!!
- Take Daily – Multi–vitamins
“Humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less.” C.S. Lewis