Thursday January 4, 2018
Daily Thought 2018
Without a target to shoot at you are just blindly attempting to reach your fitness goal with no real feedback. Be thoughtful and select some goals that will stretch you and build capacity to do and be more than you are now. Making sure your goals are connected to correct principles requires careful use of all four human endowments:
2. creative imagination
4. independent will.
Principle-based goal setting is most effective when it includes: long-term goals, budget time for the least favorite tasks, setting weekly goals – things that you could do to create positive impact.
“Performance, health and happiness are grounded in the skillful management of energy.” Dr. Jim Loehr
Polar Smart Coaching Training Tip: Recommended Weekly Health and Fitness Goals
- Eat a healthy breakfast EVERY day!
- Drink at least 5 glasses of water EVERY day
- Complete minimum 150 minutes of cardio each week (average 1,500 per week burned)
- Walk at least 10,000 steps EVERY day.
- Complete a total body strength workout (weights, functional, core) 2-3x per week
- Complete a total body stretch 2-3x per week
- Volunteer 1 hour of you time to your favorite charity each week
- Dedicate 1 hour per week to develop your personal growth plan (read, plan, scheme, to succeed)
- Complete 6-8 hours of sleep each day
- Eat less volume, consume less processed food.
Spartan Training Tip: Spartan Training Format
- Dynamic Warm up
- Strength and Endurance Exercises
- Mobility Exercises
Read more…Couch to Sprint Training Plan
Beachbody Nutrition Tip: Each Phase has 3 Approaches
- The Portion Approach – This approach is designed for those who don’t have a lot of time or patience to prepare a meal that involves multiple steps. Best suited for those who don’t like to cook.
- The Meal Plan Approach – By following the daily meal plans, you will take the guesswork out of your daily food prep and enjoy a variety of foods and portion control.
- The Quick Option Approach – Some days we just don’t have time to prepare meals. For those who need a quick solution on those busy days.
“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing.” Abraham Lincoln
You can receive the Daily Thought for the month of January 2018, please respond by 1/31/2018 if you want to continue to receive this daily email. If not I will delete your email address from my database, as I don’t want you to receive something that is not of value to you. I can’t wait to see what will be in 2018.