Wednesday January 3, 2018
Daily Thought 2017
Refocus Your Attention
The holidays are over and time to get back on track. “First Things First” by Dr. Stephen Covey (7 Habits of Highly Successful People) says you just need a focused plan. A revised plan, which is really connected to what is truly important to you! Energy comes from following your passion. What gets you up every day?
Getting clear on what exactly it is that we want is the first step in attaining that goal. Dr. Stephen Covey has designed a six-step process to do just that. So for the next 6 posts we will go through this process to focus on what we want next.
1. Connect to your vision of what you want.
2. Identify Goals
3. Select Very Specific Goals
4. Organize Weekly
5. Exercise integrity in the moment of choice. Be Consistent with your Principles/Values
6. Evaluate, Review, Adapt
The first step is: Priorities. We will use Dr. Covey’s worksheet to create the framework for developing your personal plan for success. This is all about your goals and needs. Complete this exercise “Identify Your First Things” don’t think hard on it, just a quick reaction. Download this assessment to reset your goals for personal growth. First Things First
“Focus, above all else, is the determining factor in the outcome of a person’s life.” Mark Victor Hansen
Polar Smart Coaching Training Tip: Get Your Resources Together
As you plan for what you want accomplish in the new year be sure to use all the available resources you have at your disposal to achieve your goals. There are many proven methods for get fitter and healthier here 5 resources you can use to increase your chances for success this year.
- Find a fitness buddy or group to share your journey with
- Get some wearable technology to track your progress
- Consult a Fitness Pro
- Select your next challenge event
- Join a community or facility
Spartan Training Tip: The Seven Pillars of Spartan Training
Read more…The Seven Pillars of Spartan Training
Beachbody Nutrition Tip: P90x Nutrition Plan 3 Phases
- Fat Shredder – A high protein diet designed to help you strengthen muscle while rapidly shredding fat from your body.
- Energy Booster – A balanced mix of carbohydrates and protein with a lower amount of fat to supply additional energy for performance.
- Endurance Maximizer – An athletic diet of complex carbohydrates, lean proteins, and lower fat, with emphasis on more carbohydrates. You’ll need this combination of foods as fuel to get the most out of your final training block and truly get in the best shape of your life.
“The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.“ Ferdinand Foch