Wednesday, December 27, 2017
The 7 Health Habits
Seven basic health practices have been identified that are good predictors of health and longevity. A healthy lifestyle, on average, will add 11 to 12 years of life expectancy compared to people not exhibiting healthy lifestyle patterns.
1. Regular aerobic exercise
2. 7-8 hours of sleep each night
3. Eating a nutritional breakfast every day
4. Refraining from smoking
5. Light or no alcohol consumption
6. Avoiding junk and fast food snacking
7. Maintaining a healthy body composition
How well you are engaged in these healthy habits will have a dramatic effect on the longevity and quality of your life. These habits serve as a benchmark by which you can evaluate your lifestyle and improve your health.
Read More…The 7 Health Habits
“If we do not change direction, we are likely to end up where we are headed.” Chinese proverb
Polar Smart Coaching Training Tip: Recommended Weekly Health and Fitness Goals
- Eat a healthy breakfast EVERY day!
- Drink at least 5 glasses of water EVERY day
- Complete minimum 150 minutes of cardio each week (average 1,500 per week burned)
- Walk at least 10,000 steps EVERY day.
- Complete a total body strength workout (weights, functional, core) 2-3x per week
- Complete a total body stretch 2-3x per week
- Volunteer 1 hour of you time to your favorite charity each week
- Dedicate 1 hour per week to develop your personal growth plan (read, plan, scheme, to succeed)
- Complete 6-8 hours of sleep each day
- Eat less volume, consume less processed food.
Thinner This Year Nutrition Tip: Good Stuff Happens When You Eat Good Food
Two basic concepts:
- How your body turns a wide variety of food into fuel for the engines of your body.
- How your body uses nutrients as catalysts, signalers or building blocks for all the processes required for your body to work.
All food comes in three basic categories: carbohydrates, fats and protein. Most foods are a mix of all three, they have calories (energy) to provide the fuel you need every day. The mix of these nutrients will determine how well your body operates, better food means better energy and healthier processes. Eat poor food and get poor energy. Wondering why you are tired a lot? It could be the food choices you are making each day.
Read More…A Long List of Good to Eat
“If you are not planning, you are planning to fail.” Unknown
Share this blog with another, use this link to subscribe here FREE!