Thursday, September 21, 2017
In Search of Excellence – Eight Themes
- A bias for action, active decision making – ‘getting on with it’.
- Close to the customer – learning from the people served by the business.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship – fostering innovation and nurturing ‘champions’.
- Productivity through people – treating rank and file employees as a source of quality.
- Hands-on, value-driven – management philosophy that guides everyday practice – management showing its commitment.
- Stick to the knitting – stay with the business that you know.
- Simple form, lean staff – some of the best companies have minimal HQ staff.
- Simultaneous loose-tight properties – autonomy in shop-floor activities plus centralized values.
Download the Companion Review: In Search of Excellence – Eight Themes
“The first and best victory is to conquer self.” Plato
Polar Smart Coaching Training Tip: Smart Calories
OwnCal is the most accurate calorie counter on the market. It calculates the number of calories expended during a training session based on your weight, height, age, gender, your individual maximum heart rate (HRmax) and how hard you’re training.
Food Rules Nutrition Tip: Eat Food not Chemicals
These days this is easier said than done, especially when seventeen thousand new products show up in the supermarket each year, all vying for your food dollar. But most of these items don’t deserve to be called food—I call them edible food-like substances. They’re highly processed concoctions designed by food scientists, consisting mostly of ingredients derived from corn and soy that no normal person keeps in the pantry, and they contain chemical additives with which the human body has not been long acquainted. Today much of the challenge of eating well comes down to choosing real food and avoiding these industrial novelties. Michael Pollan author of” Food Rules”
Read more…64 Food Rules
“If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don’t.” Michael Pollan
Share this blog with another, use this link to subscribe here FREE!